Monday, November 08, 2010

Houston Quilt Festival!

Oh my. Houston International Quilt Festival. A jam-packed 4 days! houston

Visited my quilt, Above the Bog, at the gorgeous "Beneath the Surface" Exhibition.
Houston Quilt Festival

Then, teaching at Make It University to 25 students!
teaching thurs night

Judy Coates Perez took this photo of me.
teaching thurs night photo by perez

I'd needlefelted small pieces for everyone in the class, demo-ed how to do it, then they hand-embroidered on the piece. Here's some lovely student work:
student embellishing work from my workshop

Here's Suzanne Morgan, who supplies  kits for needlefelting and helped me out in my workshop. (She's holding a piece I did from one of her kits.)
me and suzanne morgan

Later on Friday, I demo-ed "Sketching & Watercolor: Journal Style" at open studios.nasreen_ of me

Just had to draw and paint my new little friend from Home a la mode
sock monkey

Saturday, I taught Rubbings with Paintstiks to 25 people and here's a one of my students and their work. Thanks Cedar Canyon Textiles for the wonderful paintstiks!
student in my workshop  Me teaching the paintstik workshophouston

Ran into some pals, like Jane Davila
me and Jane Davila

And Tracie Lyn Huskamp. Can't wait to get a hold of Tracie's new fabric line!
me and Tracie Lyn Huskamp

And of course, hangin' with that wonderful gang of Quilting Arts friends!
l to r: Leslie Tucker Jenison, Melanie Testa, me, Helen Gregory, Pokey Bolton, Lindsay Murray, Judy Coates Perez and Jamie Fingal.

the gang

14 comments:

  1. fabulous photos!! What a wonderful time and a terrific event!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to meet you Jane! I am treasuring the connection we shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just about cry I'm so jealous! I'm so happy you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great that you were in Houston to share all of the fun, laughter and craziness. Love your post. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane!
    I looks like another great time at the quilt festival. I had full plans to join you this year but alas! work got in the way. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun! Fabulous pic of you by Judy - stunning!

    I love your scarves but especially the violet one. Did you make it? is it silk? If time allows, I'd love a close up of it.

    Ciao Bella,
    jojo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jane! It was wonderful to meet you and see your beautiful work in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I had been there! Love your purple scarf, I'm also wondering did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks everyone!! the scarf is from http://www.heartwoodsaluda.com/wearables_garverindiana.html in Saluda, North Carolina. Bought it when I was there, as a b'day present for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you came to visit our fair city and I know everyone that came for your demos and classes left with a wealth of knowledge...your quilt was really something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it was a fabulous time! Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. JANE!!!! I was SO INCREDIBLE TO SEE YOU AT QUILT. Just wish we had had more time to chat.. DARN IT.. that is always the way... LOVE LOVE LOVE our conversations and brainstorming on identity... got to get that into a post to Art Spark when I am back to feeling better..Your pictures are FAB.XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails