Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sage

Sage the start
Here's the start of a painting I did on Saturday, in friend Jill's studio. To create the background, I started with an old painting on watercolor paper, and I collaged torn squares of paper maps and images using liquid matte medium. Then I painted some gesso and blue and green acylic paint, and let it dry. Once it was dry, I drew with a water soluble Tombow pen (straight to pen, no pencil first) and then blended the ink witha paint brush and clear water.
Sage in progress
In this stage, I added some more gesso, for the highlights on the leaves and side of the vase.
Sage
I finished it at home by adding a little lavendar and blue water soluble Neocolor II crayons
Sage ~ detail

Sage ~ detail

Sage ~ detail

Sage ~ detail

At Jill's Studio
You can tell where I was sitting, by the vase of sage! We were all working on different things, in Jill's beautiful new studio.

4 comments:

  1. I like your style. It seems a little different for you maybe because I'm used to seeing textiles or watercolors and ink. I love analogous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, this is really, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails