Thursday, February 23, 2012

Polymer tiles ~ I took a workshop with Laurie Mika

polymer tiles

polymer tiles

polymer tiles

polymer tiles

polymer tiles

polymer tiles

polymer tiles
I made all these polymer tiles! (with instruction from Laurie Mika)
Laurie Mika is  a friend of mine, and one of the teachers in our Tesoro del Corazon   mixed media art retreats.  Laurie recently gave us a private workshop in her home. Woohoo! I learned how she makes her gorgeous polymer tiles, and I'll tell you, I can appreciate the level of detail, precision, skill, and creativity that Laurie uses in making her tiles. 


(Our October 2012  retreat in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico is already full. But we are planning another in Santa Fe, New Mexico in May 2013, and another in San Miguel in 2014. Email to be put on the notification list, or sign up for blog updates. )

8 comments:

  1. I love the color and texture in the tiles. I'm wondering what you will do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... those are awesome. I want to learn how to do that!!! ~Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... those are awesome. I want to learn how to do that!!! ~Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Your tiles are great! The colors and the details work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these the colour and texture is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful!!! Of course... you made them!
    Renee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an excellent job of those tiles. Love all the colors and the way they just pop. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails