Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Athens, Greece

Athens, Greece
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
I was in Europe for a month. The first two weeks, teaching Sketching and Watercolor on a river cruise down the Danube. (See previous posts.)

The second two weeks, in Greece. First in Athens, then Amorgos and Mikonos.
Here's Athens!
Athens, Greece
Acropolis, Athens, Greece ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
The view from the Acropolis. Athens is a huge city! ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
Husb and me at the Acropolis 
Athens, Greece
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
When you go to Athen, you must visit the Acropolis Museum. It is one of the finest museums in the world! It was build in 2009 and it is incredible.
Then of course, visit the Acropolis and the Parthenon.
Athens, Greece
scaffolding has been up for 3 years, I'm told. ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
yoga poses in public places acropolis
Yoga Poses in Public Places, Theatre of Dionysus, Acropolis, Athens, Greece
Athens, Greece
Just one beautiful piece of marble...out of soooo many. Acropolis.
 ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
My lovely students drawing a 12th Century church in the middle of downtown Athens ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
from my sketchbook ~ in progress ~ by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
from my sketchbook ~ in progress ~ by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
from my sketchbook  ~ by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
my lovely students drawing in the National Gardens, Athens ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
All my lovely students! dining out in Athens ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
Athens, Greece
Our view of the Acropolis during dinner. ~ photo by Jane LaFazio
I'll be doing this trip again in 2016. October 4-16th. (It's half full already!) Join us! Details here.

More photos of Greece in my next post!

2 comments:

  1. The temple at the Acropolis was covered in scaffolding when I visited in the 1980's.
    I really can't think of a better way to see Athens then spending time with a sketchbook at some of its amazing spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been fortunate to visit Greece twice, once in the '79's for six weeks, and again in the '80's for three weeks. I think each time there was scaffolding up somewhere in the Parthenon.

    Thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails