Thursday, July 02, 2015

"Red" unveiled! a new art quilt

"Red" 40x40 inches by Jane LaFazio
I've been working on this one for a few months now, but haven't been able to show it until now. 
Each piece was created by machine felting, and then embroidered and then they were all stitched together.
 detail "Red"  by Jane LaFazio


 detail "Red"  by Jane LaFazio
 detail "Red"  by Jane LaFazio

 detail "Red"  by Jane LaFazio

 detail "Red"  by Jane LaFazio
You can see my process, here. It's not streamlined, but I enjoy it. You can see by the photo below, that I had a lot of help!

BeBop sleepin' on the job ~ photo by Jane LaFazio


12 comments:

  1. The quilt is gorgeous and the tired helper is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is luscious! I can tell there were many steps. Beautifully crafted.

    I thought you might enjoy seeing my "solid red" quilt. It is entitled "Red Rover, Red Rover" (after the school yard game) The couched yarns are laid down before assembly. The players are seen on the back side and created using a stamp made from glue gun and stamped on hand-dyed organza and appliqued. Their outlines become the quilting lines seen on the front. Most of the fabrics are hand-dyed silks. I'd like to share the images with you but your comments don't allow. It is 49.5" x 32". Can you share an email address I can send the images to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've peeked my curiosity. I'd like to see it to!

      Delete
  3. Simply Stunning! And I love BeBop's fine taste in artwork...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane this is stunning! Your hand stitching is so beautiful and adds such richness and depth to your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful! Love the colors ... love the textures. Looking forward to your posts explaining the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your detail work is pretty amazing.. simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Jane, the colours, the texture, the stitching....all so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red is my fave, too!!! If it comes in red, that will always be my first choice!
    It just makes my insides happy when I see it. :D
    GORGEOUS quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails